Tuesday, February 2, 2010

February 2, 2010

Greetings from Kansas City, Missouri!

Since my last post from Dallas, Texas, we picked up a load in Ft. Gibson, Oklahoma that unloaded in Lenexia, Kansas (a suburb of KC). We pick up a load tomorrow morning heading for Massachusetts, due there Friday, the 5th.

I have been occupying my time with book edits. Two are line edits for my upcoming releases Comes An Outlaw and One Good Man, both from XOXO Publishing. The other two are edits I'm doing on a freelance basis, so lots to keep me busy along with walking Harley and Sonya, cleaning the truck, and cooking. A wife is a wife no matter where she's living!

By the time I get to MA I should have lots of new pics from Ohio, Pennsylvania, and upstate New York featuring the winter wonderland we'll be driving through. I'm also going to be posting photos of the truck, the inside and out so everyone can see how comfortable we are here.

Today I have photos from Oklahoma and Kansas. Enjoy!

North of Pryor, OK. (We live in SE OK and don't see snow very often).









This is touted as the "largest McDonald's in the world!" Located on I-44 turnpike in Oklahoma about an hour from the Missouri state line. It straddles both the east and west bound lanes with a gift shop, Will Rogers museum, and a latte shop.

The view from the observation windows.



Kansas City's finest! Horses & cops....this hit on two of my fav fantasies!

4 comments:

  1. Hey, Rie. Sounds like you're having a blast. If you pass through Pittsburgh, PA, wave to my family and friends for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you unloaded in Lenexa (and presumably are picking up a load in the same place), why are you staying in KC, MO? That's the wrong side of the river... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another bunch of great pictures. Oooh, yes, we'd love to see photos of the truck. Can't wait for the next stop! Stay safe. Stay well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your comments, it's great to know someone is reading this! :)

    AstonWest-no, it doesn't always work that way. Sometimes we drop a load in one city and have to go to another one to pick up. After dropping a load in a Dallas suburb, we had to drive more than 200 miles to pick up a load in Ft. Gibson, OK.

    All y'all who are reading my randomosity ROCK!!

    Thank you! (Randomosity is a Rie-ism!:))

    ReplyDelete