Sunday, January 31, 2010

January 31, 2010


Greetings fellow travelers!

We are currently in Dallas, Texas delivering a load in the morning, and from here, I have no idea where we'll go. My last post was from Dry Ridge, Kentucky and from there we went to Dayton, Ohio where we picked up a load that went to Kansas City, Kansas and then we switched trailers and headed south where we hoped to find warmer weather.

I have lived in SE Oklahoma since 1989 and have seen snow here twice. This winter is really making up for all those warm winters I am so fond of! Usually, this time of year we see the temps warming toward the mid to high 40's and by March we are back into the 60's, and come April, we are in the upper 70's. At this rate I'm beginning to wonder if we'll see those warm temps as early this year.

I've taken some pictures to share, so enjoy, comment, and follow me! I hope everyone is well and staying warm!

Welcome to Ohio!










                                                                        
                                       Crossing the Ohio River









Cincinnati, Ohio







                                                   Bengals Stadium

6 comments:

  1. Crossed that bridge a lot while I was driving truck. Be safe out there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When we moved to Las Vegas we drove the 70 and into Ohio then onto the 44...it was incredible. Anyone who has the opportunity to travel by car should do it. It took us 4 days to drive from New Jersey to Las Vegas and we did make three stops over night. We left early Halloween and arrived in Las Vegas at 5:00 pm on November 3rd which is my son's birthday so it was awesome to be able to call him and tell him we were in Arizona and heading to our new home on his birthday. He is a 5 hour drive from us in LA.

    I loved the drive once we hit Oklahoma...it was gorgeous. I actually went gaga when we drove past the state line of New Mexico. I had traveled the eastern coast all the way down to Florida, but never cross country. All I can say is if you decide to do it. just go, you won't regret it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh boy, do I remember that bridge. When we lived in Michigan and we escaped during spring break, we went south, usually to New Orleans. Passed through Ohio so many times. Summer, spring, even fall.

    Following you around the country is fun. Post more.

    Allison

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, I cross that bridge every time I drive up to PA. Be careful with all the wild weather out there. Let me know if you get to Memphis!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for following me across the country and sharing your own experiences with me. This is very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun trip. We feel like we're on the road with you. Thanks so much for sharing. Pictures are great!

    ReplyDelete