Thursday, February 25, 2010

February 25, 2010

Hello everyone!

It's been a little while since my last post but we wound up in Kansas City for a few days due both to weather and being out of driving hours and then the ice storm hit and no loads were moving. I am not complaining however, being in a hotel with cable, shower, room service and internet access wasn't exactly difficult to live with. lol

Back on the road last Monday, we headed to Delaware to pick up secret federal documents and take them back to Kansas. They padlocked the load so unfortunately, I haven't been able to read any of them. Of course my imagination suggests the documents will reveal the truth about the Kennedy assassination, or they're all about Watergate and the Nixon administration. As Nathan said though, they're probably receipts for how much the military spent on socks last year!

The weather was cold,  but clear so we had good driving conditions, which was much appreciated through Baltimore and Washington D.C. I did hope to catch a glimpse of the President because I have a few things I'd like to say to him. Apparently he's been in meetings and I didn't get the chance!

That's all for today, so from Indiana Nathan, Rie, Harley and Sonya hope you are all having a fabulous week!



5 comments:

  1. Sonya is one of those dogs one cannot resist! As always we enjoy following your trip. As exciting as it is, it must have been nice to have some time in a hotel room with all the ammenities. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear that you're back on the road with no weather related problems. Love all this winter weather, HA! I'm so glad we moved south. I'll bet you've seen enough white stuff to last you for years and years.

    Allison Knight

    ReplyDelete
  3. Locked documents...sounds like a story brewing. I'm enjoying your road trip. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another interestinglook at the world through the windshield.

    Julie Eberhart Painter

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for your comments, I appreciate you all stopping by and taking the time to leave a msg. However, Harley was quite upset you thought he was Sonya. I told him, "No, you don't look like a girl dog, people just don't know you two very well." After a bit of pouting and a cheeseburger from McDonald's he was fine!

    ReplyDelete