Sunday, January 24, 2010

January 24, 2010

Here I am in Phoenix, AZ! Traveling through Texas brought rain, New Mexico and Arizona brought snow, but down here in Phoenix it's a balmy 78 degrees with blue skies and a light breeze.

The trip was pleasant with little drama, and the snow made for some beautiful photos. And being the gabby girl I am, I met a few truck drivers along the way!


Evan from Nebraska















                                                              Mike from San Antonio, TX












Here Speeder, Speeder, Speeder!






This is on I-40 where it was snowing, south of the freeway the skies were clear and the sun reflected off the clouds.










  




                                                   Canyon east of Albuquerque, NM












Prickly Pear Cactus (north of Phoenix)






The parking lot of the LOVE'S truck stop in Phoenix, AZ.





                                                                                    




This truck carrying vehicles is also called a "parking lot".

8 comments:

  1. Oh gosh what awesome views. Feel like I'm traveling right along with you. Thanks for sharing. Say hellow to the truckers for me, too. All of my (Angelica's) uncles were truckers. It brings back memories of breaker-breaker... my handle used to be Lollypop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, my dad was a trucker too, and I used to go with him. Trucking has definitely changed since those days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Rie,

    Loved the sunset photo! Enjoy the rest of your trip!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rie! Bet you passed by real close to my house - I live in the White Mountains of Arizona where we got 6 feet of snow last week. Glad you made it safely through the weather. That much rain is not at all normal for Phoenix.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the photos. Kinds of feels like I'm getting to take a road trip too. Cool.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Rie,

    Part of my book was on I-40 from New Mexico to Texas. Enjoy the "big highway" but don't miss the true soul of the area on the two lane asphalt and dirt roads.

    Yours,

    Randall Lang

    ReplyDelete
  7. Unfortunately we don't get to pick the routes all of the time, we have to take the most direct and fastest way to get the loads to where they're going. We have traveled through the White Mountains many times and it's beautiful. I'm not a fan of the desert, but that is an area I really like.

    Hi Randall! Haven't talked to you in ages. Got anything new coming out? Let me know so I can interview you!

    ReplyDelete